The Maxwell Edison Story The Maxwell Edison Story

Excessive violence done right!

I've always enjoyed this song. A cheerful, upbeat melody and cute, simplistic lyrics contrasted with some pretty dark subject matter. By presenting us with cute characters, bouncy motion, and quick glimpses of extreme gore, this animation achieves the same dichotomy as the Beatles' hit.

What else is there to say? The timing is superb. The look of the movie is great. And, oh yeah, I laughed my ass off.

Peas Peas

Hell, yeah!

I can certainly appreciate a well executed dumb joke like that! I suppose they're pod people!

The Hero The Hero

Pure excellence

This is an amazing piece of work. The style, the action, the fluid motion, wow. The film, to me, seems like a souped-up version of the hundreds of 1950s alien invasion B-movies with a modern-day action hero plopped into the middle of it. His methods may be impractical, but they get the job done (perhaps a little too well). I'm sure the action is purposely jacked up to the extreme to add a touch of humor. The only flaw? By not syncing the music to the action, the music may end a little before the movie. Other than that, the movie is just about perfect.

Splash Down! Spare Change Splash Down! Spare Change

Just one problem

I've always liked this movie. It has great graphics, good animation, and a really funny concept. The only problem is that the timing is off. If the movie were just tightened up a little, it could become a classic.

Cops: Bobbitt Style Cops: Bobbitt Style

Very well done

I heard the story of the weird John Bobbit stalker who convinced Tommunism to produce this, but it's still a very good piece that Tom should be proud of. Great look, right down to the camera movements and the "focus" going in and out. Great twist on the old penis-severing jokes.

Chevron: Simply Murder Chevron: Simply Murder

So, the subversive finally makes it into NG.

Basically, this is a well done piece with a good message and slick style. There is, however, one major complaint I have about the piece (aside from the audio problems).

This cartoon would have been much more effective if it were not preceeded by the laborious story and disclaimer. If the movie played first and then at the end was followed by the story or a "for more information" link, the message would have resonated better in my mind. The way the movie is presented now, the animation almost seems redundant. Other than that, it's a good parody.

Change Change

Quietly beautiful

This is a nice piece. It contains some very beautiful images and I liked the message. I liked the simplicity of the drawings and the way that each scene morphs into the next. My only complaint is that the movement seems almost too mechanical. The short may have been better if it lingered on each image just a little bit longer.

Falling Pig. Falling Pig.

I like weird things

i don't know why, but I have affection for weird, pointless pieces like this. However, I'm getting sick of hearing the sound effects that come with Flash 4 in these movies.

Peanut Peanut

I've seen that before

Oh, come on, we know you did this to see if you could do the intro to "Scrotum the Puppy: Part II." Not bad, not bad.

Heroes of Cybertron Heroes of Cybertron

Excellent action-packed work!

Wow. I think this is your best one yet. The pacing and the action added up to an intense experience. The extreme motion of the characters really made this an exciting piece to watch. I suppose the graphics could have been a little cleaner, but they were nonetheless very good. I really appreciated this one, since I was such a huge Transformers fan when I was a kid. I hope this does not get pulled for legal reasons (I don't think the disclaimer contains any legally compelling arguments). Mr. Ortiz ought to invent some of his own characters to animate, and then nobody can make him pull his movies.