I design? (read comments) I design? (read comments)

Good art.

This is a great piece and a nice departure from what I usually see on the Portal. I do have to say that I disagree with the argument that it puts forth. Yes, there is an obvious look to many Flash files one sees on the web. And one can recognize the endlessly reused Photoshop filters in a lot of web and print graphics. But the software is not at fault. The blame lies within the hack wanna-be-artists who rely solely on the latest filters and the techniques they read about when creating content. It is they who limit themselves.

Street Life Street Life

It's got a style, that's for sure.

An interactive game based on the life of the street. Or, at least it's based on Will Stamper's version of life on the street. Check out his other movies, and you'll see similar themes. But this one is long, complex, and is a well executed choose-your-own-adventure story. And with good graphics that find the right balance between cartoony and realistic, this entry deserves its place in the top ten.

(by the way, try to sneak out after sleeping with the stripper. The comment cracks me up!)

Cooties Bar X-Ray Glasses Cooties Bar X-Ray Glasses

A well-done work

Ah, The Romp.

Whenever that logo appears you know you can expect a good quality Flash movie. Cootie's Bar: X-ray glasses is stylish, has good art, funny music, and a few hilarious surprises (don't overlook the nun's left arm). There seems to be a lot of dissent on the BBS about this one, but whether you like it or not, a lot of work went into Cootie's Bar.

I have noticed a glitch in the movie that seems to happen whenever my mouse strays from the playing field. But hey, nobody's perfect!