The Maxwell Edison Story The Maxwell Edison Story

Excessive violence done right!

I've always enjoyed this song. A cheerful, upbeat melody and cute, simplistic lyrics contrasted with some pretty dark subject matter. By presenting us with cute characters, bouncy motion, and quick glimpses of extreme gore, this animation achieves the same dichotomy as the Beatles' hit.

What else is there to say? The timing is superb. The look of the movie is great. And, oh yeah, I laughed my ass off.

Peas Peas

Hell, yeah!

I can certainly appreciate a well executed dumb joke like that! I suppose they're pod people!

The Hero The Hero

Pure excellence

This is an amazing piece of work. The style, the action, the fluid motion, wow. The film, to me, seems like a souped-up version of the hundreds of 1950s alien invasion B-movies with a modern-day action hero plopped into the middle of it. His methods may be impractical, but they get the job done (perhaps a little too well). I'm sure the action is purposely jacked up to the extreme to add a touch of humor. The only flaw? By not syncing the music to the action, the music may end a little before the movie. Other than that, the movie is just about perfect.

I design? (read comments) I design? (read comments)

Good art.

This is a great piece and a nice departure from what I usually see on the Portal. I do have to say that I disagree with the argument that it puts forth. Yes, there is an obvious look to many Flash files one sees on the web. And one can recognize the endlessly reused Photoshop filters in a lot of web and print graphics. But the software is not at fault. The blame lies within the hack wanna-be-artists who rely solely on the latest filters and the techniques they read about when creating content. It is they who limit themselves.

Street Life Street Life

It's got a style, that's for sure.

An interactive game based on the life of the street. Or, at least it's based on Will Stamper's version of life on the street. Check out his other movies, and you'll see similar themes. But this one is long, complex, and is a well executed choose-your-own-adventure story. And with good graphics that find the right balance between cartoony and realistic, this entry deserves its place in the top ten.

(by the way, try to sneak out after sleeping with the stripper. The comment cracks me up!)

Cooties Bar X-Ray Glasses Cooties Bar X-Ray Glasses

A well-done work

Ah, The Romp.

Whenever that logo appears you know you can expect a good quality Flash movie. Cootie's Bar: X-ray glasses is stylish, has good art, funny music, and a few hilarious surprises (don't overlook the nun's left arm). There seems to be a lot of dissent on the BBS about this one, but whether you like it or not, a lot of work went into Cootie's Bar.

I have noticed a glitch in the movie that seems to happen whenever my mouse strays from the playing field. But hey, nobody's perfect!